West Texas and Plains District
1. Rejuvenation: Would be a source of strength and encouragement to every Pastor, Minister and congregation. Every church is different and has distinct needs. We will join in the efforts of the Section, local Pastor and congregation to re-ignite their passion in fulfilling their vision. Careful attention will be placed on those churches facing hardships, financial or otherwise.
2. Leadership: To strengthen and edify the Body of Christ in the local churches by providing training for Pastors, staff, leadership and different ministries. One method would include an annual Leadership School in our region. It would provide practical training to enhance leadership skills in administration, bookkeeping, IRS regulations, evangelism, outreach, hiring staff, motivation and mobilization of leaders, music, Sunday School, Missions, etc.
3. Mentoring: By establishing stronger and closer relationships through close communication, Pastors would mentor other pastors offering them their prayers, emotional support, encouragement and guidance in accomplishing their God-given dreams.
4. Families: To help strengthen the Minister’s family by providing retreats for Pastors and Ministers’ wives as well as retreats for Pastors and Ministers’ children. The purpose would be to set a special time for renewal, praying together, encouraging one another, and a time of ministering to their unique needs as a family.
5. Church Planting: We have 90 churches in our Western Region but there are many towns and cities where we have no churches and we must prepare the way for the establishment of new churches for the harvesting of more souls. We also have many areas in our cities where we need more churches. Our goal is to target these cities and use every resource available to establish new works. We will work with the District, Region and Section for the accomplishment of this task.
6. Missions: To develop a greater sense of giving to Missions in this Region. We will challenge our regional churches and sections to set higher goals in missions giving more than ever before in support of the work our missionaries are endeavoring to do in the mission field. To advocate adoption of more missionaries and missions trips among our Pastors, churches, and young people.
Our mission is to advance the Kingdom of God in the fulfillment of the Great Commission by strengthening and revitalizing every Pastor, church, and ministry in the West Texas Regional Conference.
The edification of the Body of Christ in every church and ministry through strong leadership.
Nuestra misión es avanzar el Reino de Dios en el cumplimiento de la Gran Comisión, fortaleciendo y revitalizando a cada Pastor, Iglesia y ministerio en la Conferencia Regional del Oeste de Tejas.
La edificación del Cuerpo de Cristo en cada Iglesia y ministerio por un liderazgo fuerte.
3115 Cornell, Lubbock, TX 79415
Phone: (806) 747-9900
Fax: (806) 747-9902